Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Fresh Start

Okay, I know I'm pretty brave in admitting this, but I'm going to vow in front of my family to start exercising more and take better care of myself --- maybe then if I make this announcement, there will be some accountability attached to it. It's taken a while to realize this, and feeling my clothes become tighter and realizing I'm not feeling my best has finally settled in. I'm just doing baby steps right now ... for instance, I've decided one thing I was going to do different was to start walking at least 30 minutes a day 4 days a week. I announced this to Joseph this morning as I was getting the little boys ready to go...he was so excited and said "Okay, but can we go 5 times around the park?" You have to realize the walking trail inside our park is about 1/2 mile. Yikes..... 2 1/2 miles is alot to start with, but to humor him I said I would think about it. So we went and started at the other end of the trail and eventually came to the playground and then Joseph piped in "okay mom, 5 times around" and pointed to the playgound. Whew, that was a relief, he meant 5 times around the playgound - now, that I can handle! So while he and Josh played in the sand, I want you to know, I not only did 5 laps around the playgound, but I did 10!!! How's that for a start! Remember...baby steps.

0 comments: